In an earlier post, I identified ISO20022 as a model-driven success story. Here, I give some other examples of model-driven from e-Government and telecommunications. They are not all at the same level of maturity, but the reason why a model-driven approach makes sense is the same.
Harvest information on data models used by the IT organisation. Add XML Data Models to a MagicDraw® Model Repository. Create UML models quickly and easily in MagicDraw®, using the Cameo XSD Import powered by Nomos.
Use the Model Repository:
- For communication betweeen teams
- To inform new modelling efforts
- When creating a common information model
- When aligning with industry models
- Works for any XML Schema, simple or complex
- Quick and easy to use, select the file and the model is created in one single step
- Creates a business-centric, rather than a technical-centric, view of the data model
Read our post XML Schemas are a Goldmine for Information Modellers